the thing that made you // a mix of my favorite instrumentals
daydream // the gravel road // the thing that made you // optimist // arrival of the birds // going somewhere // l’origine nascosta // take shelter // particles of the universe (heartbeats) // the wardrobe // the pier // this is gallifrey: our childhood, our home // up is down // code name vivaldi // sunshine (adagio in d minor) // death is a disease // time // redeemer // dead island trailer theme // the path
// listen //
Yabusame (流鏑馬) is a type of mounted archery in traditional Japanese archery. An archer on a running horse shoots three special “turnip-headed” arrows successively at three wooden targets.
Jewelry by jerseymaids
[Necklaces and earrings featuring planets and tiny galaxies.]
Poison Toffee Apples for HalloweenIngredients
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cups water
- ½ cup liquid glucose/light corn syrup
- few drops black gel food colouring
- 6 Granny Smith apples (or 12 small apples)Instructions
- Grease a piece of baking paper and place on a tray/baking sheet.
- Insert bamboo skewers in all the apples and set aside.
- In a medium pot, combine the sugar, water, glucose/corn syrup and food colouring and stir over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture feels smooth when you rub it between your fingers.
- When the sugar has dissolved, turn the heat up and wash the sides of the pot down with a pastry brush dipped into clean water to prevent crystals from forming.
- Allow the caramel to boil until it reaches the hard crack stage (150°c/310°F).
- Carefully dip the apples into the hot candy mixture and place on the baking paper to set and cool for approximately an hour before serving.
Someone asked for a teeny tiny linkspam on aromanticism, so here goes! And by “here goes” I mean “I fell into a rabbit hole of links for like two and a half hours and emerged covered in mud and clutching this linkspam; I am so sorry; you probably did not care this much.”
Let’s start with the basics:
Let’s talk about (a)romantics by Intimacy Cartography
An Aromantic Primer by The Thinking Asexual
What’s being aromantic like?
…And Then What? on The Asexuality Archive
Jo on Experiences of Loving
Aromantic people in relationships (or not!):
I found the right person and I’m still aromantic by A Fine Line
What I’ve Missed Out on Being Single by Asexuality Archive
Aromanticism in the larger context:
This whole conversation on commitment (post links to the rest of the conversation) is really interesting
Why I no longer engage the “Are aces queer?” question by ace-muslim (here on The Asexual Agenda)
ripe and rot: a playlist for getting lost in the forest [listen]i. into the wild - lewis watson ii. my friends - the head and the heart iii. open season - high highs iv. ballad of the pines - jonathan wilson v. pioneers - lighthouse and the whaler vi. woodland - the paper kites vii. nothing but time - opus orange viii. trees - the oh hellos ix. closer to fine - indigo girls x. my love - forbidden friends
Fudge recipe on a headstone
I feel like I should make this just to be able to say a dead person taught me how to make it. Maybe I’ll do it for Halloween.
I desperately hope that she spent her entire life telling people that they could have her fudge recipe “over my dead body.”
That last comment is absolutely worth reblogging.
A list of every Studio Ghibli film to date, in chronological order.
Request or recommend movies here.
* * *
Panda! Go, Panda! (1972) [subbed//
Only Yesterday (1991) [subbed//
Ocean Waves (1993) [subbed//
My Neighbours the Yamadas (1999) [subbed//
* * *
As of yet I cannot find any links for The Tales of Princess Kaguya.